Thursday, June 9, 2016

Spartan Superway 2016 Summer Internship First Personal Blog Post

09 June 2016. I'm working with the Civil team on track layouts, potential paths from main SJSU campus to South campus and pickup points near and around each campus. I specifically am working on potential layouts for the phase 1 testing circuit on the 1555 Swenson property near south campus. I and my fellow Civil members have worked out that the absolute minimum radius for a passenger pod at 10m/s is 5.1m if the maximum centripetal force experienced is to exceed no more than 2G. Larger radii are preferred as it reduces the centripetal force for any given velocity. Also I have looked into pathing of a hypothetical city grid. File is in my subfolder of our subteam's folder on Google Drive, a CAD file. It outlines a track layout to allow for multi-directional travel using our guideway system. I noticed an issue of crossing guideways-raising and then lowering the elevation of a guideway path is prohibitive in several ways for the purposes of allowing tracks to cross. My design, and a design proposed by Ron Swenson, get around that issue by establishing a roundabout in a counterclockwise direction that is raised above the traffic. It allows traffic to go in and out from all four cardinal directions of the city block layout. It can be extended lengthwise and by radius to allow for more incoming and outgoing traffic directions as needed. As a rule I kept each intersection limited to one incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, or direction change action so that road crossing infrastructure was limited, and so that track change mechanisms have time to adapt to the correct side of the track for each pod's route(as of this moment the spline I placed in the drawing needs 3 dimensions to be rendered in a web browser) Link I continue to work on the test circuit requirements by communicating with the other subteams to determine what attributes need testing or otherwise consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment